Hello Readers, today I’ll be taking us down to another dish called “Spicy Thai Noodles”. This is a dish originated and eaten by the people of Thailand located in the continent of Asia.
One of the reason I love these noodles is that they use regular pasta. No special noodles to use, just plain ol’ linguine, fettuccine, or spaghetti.
Now sit back relax while I take you on a ride through this mouth savory dish.
RECIPES FOR THE NOODLES
i) Kosher salt
ii) Noodles 1 pound (preferable, Linguine Pasta)
iii) Sesame oil (2 teaspoon)
iv) 2 cloves garlic (washed and minced)
v) 2 teaspoons fresh ginger (peel, wash and grate)
vii) ¼ cup soy sauce (light)
vii) 3 Thai chiles (well seeded, cut to any length)
viii) 4 Chicken breasts (cut in bite size and well washed)
RECIPES FOR DRESSING
i) ½ cup creamy peanut butter
ii) 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (peel, wash and grate)
iii) 2 cloves garlic (washed and minced)
vi) 3 tablespoons sugar
vii) 1 teaspoon Chile oil
viii) ¼ cup rice vinegar
ix) 3 tablespoons soy sauce
x) 2 tablespoons sesame oil
RECIPES FOR GARNISHING
i) 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
ii) Fresh cilantro (1 bunch washed and chopped)
iii) 2 Thai Chiles diced (well seeded)
iv) 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
TOTAL DURATION: 1 HR
PREPARATION TIME: 50 MIN
COOKING TIME: 10 MIN
YIELD: 6 SERVINGS
- Place a large saucepan on heat, when the water starts boiling, add little salt to it and cook the noodles according to the package directions for al dente.
- Drain the noodles and transfer it to a large bowl, toss with the sesame oil and Set aside.
- In a medium clean mixing bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chilli pepper and chiles, then add the cubed chicken to the marinade, toss gently for it to coat the chicken.
- When done, cover the bowl and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
PROCEDURE FOR THE DRESSING/ GARNISHING
- Get a clean small saucepan, whisk together the peanut butter, ginger, garlic, sugar, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and Chile oil together then, bring to a simmer over medium-low heat for 4 minutes.
- Pour in the sweet warm dressing over the cooked noodles, and toss to coat evenly. Set the noodles aside till when it’s ready to be served.
- In a frying pan, add little amount of grape seed oil and place over medium-low heat, when the pan is hot enough, add the chile pepper, chopped cilantro, sliced spring onion, stir fry for 1 minute then, add the chicken cubes and stir until they are browned.
- Sauté the chicken cubes over medium heat until they are fully cooked, about 5 minutes. When the chicken is ready